Could this be back labor?

I started feeling it yesterday, if i sit up, my back hurts me so bad, it almost takes my breath, so i have to lean back on pillows in bed just for it not to hurt... It feels like a cramp on serious steroids, sometimes i feel this in my stomach too.... Im on strict bed rest, so could this be back labor? Im 37weeks preggo today.

expectinggracey

Asked by expectinggracey at 9:50 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If it stops when you lean back, then, no. Labor pains, even in back labor, will intensify and grow stronger and closer together.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:00 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It definitely could be the beginning. I had really bad back aches about a week before my water broke. I know that back pain is so bad - sending you good thoughts!
    tarakenyon06

Answer by tarakenyon06 at 10:00 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• If you are on strict bed rest it could be from staying in bed or sitting too long. Do you have someone that can give you a back rub/massage? Sit facing the back of a chair (if possible) or on an ottoman leaning forward. I use baby oil for massages.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:04 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I've been on bed rest just since yesterday. It happened before the bed rest, its getting worse and i feel the same cramps in my back in my belly some too.
    expectinggracey

Comment by expectinggracey (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I had back labor and no, that's not it. Contractions would occur no matter what position you were in.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• ok, you said they stop when you change positions and you also say they get stronger..which is it?

If you can change positions and they come to a stop, you are not in any type of active labor.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:13 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Time these "cramps" If they're acting like labor (coming regularly, lasting 30-90 seconds) then it's labor. If the pian is positional, rather than timeable, it's not. Sometimes ctx are brought on by dehydration, rather than real labor. Drink 2 full glasses of water and see if you still get them. Most back labor is positional. Read "Back Labor No More" or "Optimal Fetal Positioning" or visit a Chiropractor versed in the Websters Technique to avoid back labor. You didn't say why you're on bedrest, that could also have something to do w it.
    marlenecpm

Answer by marlenecpm at 10:47 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i had back labor and it sounds like it
    pamela-2

Answer by pamela-2 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Im on bed rest because of high blood pressure
    expectinggracey

Comment by expectinggracey (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• back labor feels like someone is stabbing u with a knife and wont stop it really hurts so for ur sake i hope its not.I had back labor due to a tilted uterus good luck
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2010