Does this make sense?

In the state of Colorado if you are a single parent and making under a certain amount of money a month you qualify for medicaid to help with medical costs. But in the state of Oklahoma the only way you can get medicaid is if you are pregnant!!!

I was actually told by a caseworker at DHS that if I wanted to qualify for medicaid to go out and get pregnant!!! I was just wondering, how is this in your state? Does this make any sense? They wonder why so many women get pregnant in Oklahoma!

JuneBug1985

Asked by JuneBug1985 at 9:54 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Health

• Sorry I don't know! I bet you could google it or check on www.askjeeves.com
    Prettyladykt

Answer by Prettyladykt at 9:57 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Most places Medicaid IS only for kids and pregnant women.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:58 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I can't believe the case worker told you to get pregnant! In California you're eligible for medicaid if you make under a certain amount. I was on my mothers until I was 21 same for my brother and sister.
    lovingedward

Answer by lovingedward at 10:04 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• In mississippi, if you make under a certain amount of money, anyone can qualify..
    devnsmom08

Answer by devnsmom08 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• medicade is for kids and preggos ... medicare is for old people... there is no current public gov health care for people of working age - over 18 and under retirement without disability - i believe.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:14 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i agree... it's for kids and pregnant moms... there are paid programs through our state for "low income" families... but you have to pay to be enrolled.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Thanks ladies...just curious.
    JuneBug1985

Comment by JuneBug1985 (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2010