While you were pregnant was your doctor not so gracious about giving you abnormal results.

Not that he was rude or anything lol. I remember they found a choroid plexus cyst on my ultrasound. Well my doctor not knowing I had an appt with him after a 4 day weekend called me thursday afternoon and told me about it. Then on top of that instead of the first thing he could say about it was well it's normal in a percentage of pregnancies he starts going on about how it could mean that my baby could have a chromosomal abnormality and Edward's disease ect ect....when he could hear me freaking out over the phone, that's when he said It's probably nothing. COME ON DOC I'M A FIRST TIME MOM WITH THE INTERNET! I freaked myself out all weekend lol.

lovingedward

Asked by lovingedward at 9:54 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Health

• It wasn't i have a beautiful healthy baby boy
    lovingedward

Comment by lovingedward (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• After I had my second baby ( 6 weeks later) I had to have a cervical biopsie done becasue they thought I had cervical cancer... well after he cut the "chunk" out of me he held it up in my moms face ( who was sitting beside me letting me squeeze the crap out of her hand lol) ... her literally put it right in her face and said SEE IT ! and laughed.....

Also that same DR told me " Every woman has pain and complains" when talking about a cyst on my ovary

I have a new Dr. now lol
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:18 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• In my 2nd pregnancy I had the AFP test. Well my doctor failed to tell me it was postive. I was being referred to a maternal and fetal medicine specialist because of my RH disease so I had to pick up my records for my appointment. I went through my records and found that the AFP test was postive (spina bifida) and it said I needed to see a genetic counsler. I was sooo shocked and broke down and cried for hours. I could not believe my doctor wouldnt tell me this. When I went and seen my new doctor he did not even tell me it was postive. The ultra sound tech was the one who finally told me because she saw the bulg of the spinal cord under his neck, and then my doctors finally talked to me about it.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• ask him to refer you to a high risk pregnancy ob and then ask about the specialist you need to see - you dont LET him tell you no - it is your child and this qualifies you for high risk. you should know what is happening with your baby. i lost a child to a genetic issue that i SHOULD have known about but the ob kept saying - oh because this or that - these weird symptoms (like low water - breech and huge size) are fine - dont worry - dont allow that to happen to you! i wish i could have known the trouble my baby faced before the fact. i thought he would be fine and it completely broke me when he died.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:13 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i would rather the truth than candy coat it... and you have to learn to take what you find on the internet with a grain of salt... or just stay away.
    asil

Answer by asil at 7:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2010