WHY IS MY TODDLER SHITING IN THE TUB

SHE HAS SHITED IN THE TUB TWO TIMES AND I DONT KNOW WHY

evonna87

Asked by evonna87 at 12:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Warm water can relax the sphincter muscle. lol It's okay, hang in there.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Hahaha...my daughter did the same thing...she's not potty trained though...it was kinda nasty I has to sanitize all her bath toys...sorry but its funny..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• because she's comfortable..or just can't hold it. try giving her a shower with a detachable shower head if it bothers you that much.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 12:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• If she plays with toys in the tub she prolly gets distracted as well. Don't be too negative with her about it though, you don't want to give her a complex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I know it can be frustrating and of course my 2 yr old did the same thing...
    twice,

not in a row or anything like that, but alas, its gross but honestly we cant do anything other than make sure their alright in the tub and watch them like hawks and hope they dont poo all over, its horrible i know i know
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Try letting her sit on the potty while you are running the tub water. And like the others said, sometimes a bath can be really relaxing and they just don't know what too relaxed is.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Honestly? Is this a serious question? Do you have any manners? My god....
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 10:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• LoL, my daughter did the same, about 3 baths in a row, when she was 15 mo. old. The last time, I saw her "poop face" coming on, so I whipped her out the tub and sat her on the potty to do her business (while I held her of course). She thought it was hilarious. Although she is nowhere near ready for potty training, she's now more interested in learning what the potty is all about.
    Anonymous