Have you ever ran a marathon?

I'm thinking of training for one this year. I've always admired the discipline of those who do enter them.

Liveyourlifeval

Asked by Liveyourlifeval at 10:11 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I am going to do a Triathalon next August I train in intervals its great for the self esteem and for the workout.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Good for you! I have not, but it's on my bucket list..... When I'm all done having kids and can maintain my fitness I am going to do it. Good luck!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I haven't yet, but I plan on running a marathon one day! Every year Disney World has a Princess half marathon so I'll probably train for that this coming year and maybe their full marathon the year after that.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 6:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm registered for my 1st full next April. I'll have been running almost 2 yrs and have raced in several 5k's, half marathons and I just ran a 195 mile relay race on a 12 person team. Do you run currently? Consider running a few shorter races 1st and allow your body to get used to the impact of running or risk (like I did!) repetitive injuries like stress fractures, tendonitis, IT band issues etc. Most "experts" recommend running at least a year before taking on the 26.2 miles. Personally, I'm just now feeling ready to take on the training. As you run, your bones and muscles will gain in strength and help you avoid injury. Also, head to your local running store (like fleet feet) to get properly fitted for shoes. They will analyze your foot and your gait and make recommendations. Make sure you replace them every 500 miles or they can give you problems. Good luck!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 9:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I have not but I too am hoping to. I am actually working on getting to a 5K first and then a 1/2 marathon. I am not sure I will ever be able to do a full marathon but I am going to give it one heck of a try. I now love to jog and miss days that I do not do it. Good luck to you, I hope you are able to do this!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 4:53 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• no
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 9:15 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• NOOO, it would literally kill me! Kudo's to you, Mama~
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:09 AM on Dec. 1, 2010

• No, I'd like to train to do it someday.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:31 AM on Jan. 8, 2011