Going to a strangers for Thanksgivng dinner ??

So my girls and I are alone for yet another Thanksgiving hubby is away at work from two thru late Sat. night... I'm Thankful he has an amazing job and was even offered OT for the day after Thanksgiving that we needed very badly.
We had invited another family over for dinner on Thanksgiving but they had other plans and invited us to join them at their friends home. It will be a large gathering mismosh of people who have no extended family around locally to be with.
We accepted as it'll be nice to not just be sitting alone in our house just the three of us for the third year in a row. Of course I asked what I could bring and they said a couple pies would be good since everything else was covered already.
So my question is should I bring an nice table arrangement of flowers or something like that as well for the hostess? I don't know if they drink so don't want to buy wine... any other ideas.

Michele975

Asked by Michele975 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• An arrangement would be very thoughtful of you!!

I've spent most of my Thanksgivings with a mish-mosh of people, and have loved every one. This year I won't have any family here at all (expect for my DH and 3 of our kids), and we're having 25. I'm so excited.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:29 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I think that is a cute idea ( flowers or table arrangment) ... I mean there is no harm in bringing it right !
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:30 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• You could, but I don't think you have to since you're bringing food. If you do, and don't want to spend much, you could take a nice set of holiday dish towels, or a pretty holiday scented candle.

Happy Thanksgiving.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:30 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Table arrangement would be very nice...
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I would see no problem with bringing wine. If it's a big mishmosh of people like you said, it will probably get used even if the hosts don't drink. If not, they can always regift it later.

Flowers are nice too, but may be troublesome for people with allergies.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:34 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I bet you have a great time. I would just bring pies. She has probably already thought about what will go on the table. Maybe chocolate covered strawberries would be nice. I brought them last Christmas and they were a hit with everyone. Just keep them refrigerated.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:34 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I would bring something to drink just to be generous
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2010