A new relationship?

I met a new guy who seems really great and says that he wants to spend more time together. I've been played in the past so right away I wanted to know what his intentions are. He told me that "Until school break comes I just wanna date casually and open to more later." He's in college and he works full time right now. I don't want to rush into anything but at the same time I want to know that he plans on taking things somewhere or ending it once we get to know each other a little better. I hate being strung along. Does this seem like something worth investing time in?

yezay

Asked by yezay at 10:35 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Hang out w/him and keep an open mind. No one needs to fall in love...if it doesn't work out romantically you may have a new friend. If a friendhip doesn't become of it, you've learned something about yourself & relationships.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 11:02 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I don't know how to do the whole casual relationship thing though, do I hang out with other guys too or do i turn other guys down. I'm just not experienced with this.
    yezay

Comment by yezay (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• casual to me sounds like he is open to dating others
    if this is ok with you then go enjoy yourself
    if you want more of a committed one on one relationship-this does not sounds like the guy for you

i personally would never sleep with someone who said things like this, if you are ok with then go ahead, or just have a casual relationhip, but watch your heart, you sound more like a woman who invests their heart

woman who is not into casual + man who is = woman who gets hurt in the end
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• very true fiat. I think he just wants us to get to know each other better and spend more time together before we commit. We both have kids and exs so to rush would be a bad idea. I'm definitely keeping my heart guarded. I just don't know how to act in a casual relationship. Like are we seeing other people or not? I think the best thing to do is keep anything too physical out of it. I want to know that he likes me for me.
    yezay

Comment by yezay (original poster) at 11:29 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• You sound like you have a right mind about it. It sounds like he is seeing other people and wants to continue doing so. If you do sleep with him your sending the signal that your okay casually dating and having an intimate relationship. Get to know him as friends and see what comes of it. Be you and he will like you for you, let him make the decision of taking it to the next level.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:32 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I have a couple other guys that i'm talking to also, but Manny is the one that I felt an instant connection with. I don't want to cut off talking to the other guys for something that's not going to go somewhere.
    yezay

Comment by yezay (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• this is just so foreign to me because i only dated my sons father really. I need some advice on what to do. I've never felt this way about someone and i don't want to get hurt again.
    yezay

Comment by yezay (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2010