How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

Do you like to do a theme or have family heirloom ornaments or mix it all up?

I love colored lights, not white. I have some heirloom ornaments and a pretty garland that I crocheted. I don't do a theme.

booksandhooks

Asked by booksandhooks at 10:50 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Since I have been out on my own every year my tradition is to add a new or many new ornaments. So some of my stuff is 20 yrs old or older (As my Mom has given me things that I made when I was little like an angel I made when I was 5) It is full of priceless treasures.
    Even the tree is one we got on clearance for a couple of bucks one year when I was dating my husband. It looks like a charlie brown tree but we can not seem to let it go. Its all mixed up and so when we decorate as a family we have plenty to talk about...all the stories behind them.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 10:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Ornaments, lights, the works!!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i dont do a them , well maybe i do it all has to do with all of my children
    pamela-2

Answer by pamela-2 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I do white lights. A garland that my MIL made, it's very homemade, country looking. Then I have every ornament the kids have ever made. My oldest is 15, so it's a lot. Then I have a big mish mosh of things I've picked up. I like homemade looking ornaments. The kids all have a few that say their name, a bunch of photo ornaments. I have a toilet paper roll angel that my oldest made on the top. I really love my tree!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:56 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I like the white lights so our main tree has those and we do a mix of ornaments on it. We have a 5 ft tree in our school room with colored lights that was my classroom tree when I taught and we decorate it with a candy land kind of theme. There is a small tree in the kitchen that is gingerbread and gooseberry patch themed with white lights and another one in the bathroom that has nature themed ornaments and white lights.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:58 AM on Nov. 24, 2010