Called doc to talk about my stress..........

Come to find out my BP was high and I lost 2 lbs since last visit. that was only 5 days ago!! so gonna just chill and not stress

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 10:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• and?
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• goin today to get bp taken agin for 4th time. baby is ok....... dr, gave me something small to help me calm down.. nothing that can hurt baby. heart rate was 156 :)
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Take it easy.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:06 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• how far along are you?
    i always foundthe movement of my little one the best feeling in the whole entire world
    if you are not far along, relax and feel your baby moving about
    have you ever meditated?
    music to relax?
    a non stressful book?

feel better
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Stress itself can make BP go up, but often it is diet related. You can correct both these causes. Your blood volume is trying to expand, so you need plenty of water. But when you don't get enough of the proper nutrients in your diet, the fluid leaks out into the surrounding tissues. Often docs are not taught much about nutrition in medical school, many midwives (but sadly, not all) are better versed on good nutrition. w/o knowing what your diet is like, I cannot tell which nutrients you personally may be lacking. However some that are low in the SAD are magnesium, potassium, Vit D, calcium, & sometimes even sodium! Celery, cukes, melons & Hawthorn berrys are all great for lowering BP. Starches, sugars & fats all make it go up. Prayer, yoga, meditation, visualization, listening to soothing classical music, and relaxing herbal teas, like "sleepytime", camomile, & mint all tend to de-stress you.
    marlenecpm

Answer by marlenecpm at 11:18 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i am offically 5 months. but it was a combination of both, stress and what I am/was eating.
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2010