Do You Ever Use A Baby Monitor?

If so, you need to watch this:  http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/40352167#40352167

dedicatedrider

Asked by dedicatedrider at 11:00 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• Never used one. But yeah, scary stuff.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 11:03 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It applies to audio only monitors as well, they did say that....
    dedicatedrider

Comment by dedicatedrider (original poster) at 11:03 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• so they just showed criminals a new way to victimize you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• We didn't use the video kind... and if someone wants to listen to my kid screaming in the middle of the night I say go for it! LOL

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I never used a video monitor...and I did not hear them say anything about the audio monitors....they only said that the audio was picked up as well. But I stoped using mine when my son managed to get it wraped around his neck....If DH didnt check on him before he came to bed then my son would not be here today. Thats why I dont like them....But that is scary.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I used the audio one, and still have one in my mothers room so I can hear her if she calls me upstairs, but WOW that is scary stuff!

Answer by older at 11:15 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yep, and have ever since my Son was born. He is nearly 3 1/2 and it's still in His room..it's still necessary, as it has come in handy when He has gotten sick in the middle of the night and if He wakes up while my Husband and I are in the shower. I didn't watch the video, but based off of the comments, I don't think I will.

When We were living in an apartment, Our monitor picked up the neighbor's monitor on the other channel. It was insane.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:16 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Oh, and We have an audio-only monitor..the Lights and Sounds one.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:17 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• no, only once in a great while when they are first put from bassinett to crib. We live in a fully secured military neighborhood, so noone could get to us anyhow!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I used one for a while and my neighbor came over and said "Do you have such and such monitor?" I said "Yea" and she said "We can hear you guys sometimes over it." .. That freaked me out and I haven't used it since. I knew about there being frequency crosses and the possibility of people overhearing. I mean it's nothing different then a radio, a walkie-talkie, etc. However, I never really put any thought into it until she said that they could hear us. So yea, haven't used it since.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2010