what the hell

My fiance's sister made a comment that I think is so rude ! I am currently pregnant with thier grandson and I also have a 2 year old daughter....

I will admit that I am very stressed because I have to stay home all day and take care of her by myself... sometimes I make facebook posts about how I want to run away, or what is annoying me ( like my daughter dumped out a whole bottle of lotion and then got it in her eyes and all over the bathroom ) ..... So this biotch thought it was her place to "confront" me ...sayinbg she is worried about her nephew and blah blah blah ... i was rolling my eyes which made her mad and she told me that the only reason that i am excited to go have him is because i will get awat from my daughter for a few days.... that pissed me off so badly.... Of course i want a break i am with her all the damn time, and i need to bond with my new baby and his daddy ... but what in the hell makes her think she has a right to say that to me...

i need to think of something to say back to her...what would u say ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• ..i meant nephew, not grandson hahaha
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Sounds like you need some counseling. I would be worried too if I read that stuff all of the time- Now, my kids are being monsters today all THREE of them, but man...
    If you find things stressful with ONE child, and can't handle that, then I am concerned for the little guy as well.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:17 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• If she dosnt have any kids then how the hell would she know what it is like having to stay home with a child all day when they get into EVERYTHING. I get stressed about all the stuff my son gets into even when I have everything put up. She had no right to say that you only want to have your child because you dont want to be around your daughter. All you want is a little time to yourself....AND EVERYONE WANTS THAT.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• This is the problem with FB. Dumb ass people use a social networking site for drama and posts of a personal nature. I hate that. My advice is, try to keep your FB status updates light, and nothing anyone could jump to conclusions over. As for you whatever she is, I would be the adult one and let it go.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'd flat out tell her that she's wrong, and to keep her rude comments to herself.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yeah... that confused me!

In general, however much fun the snappy retorts are to perform (and I have one of those horrible brains that pulls out serious creativity in those moments, and I've said some total slam dunks), they create a long wave of discord and contention.

People are silly, and they say silly things --often that they've heard other people say and that they haven't thought about for 2 seconds. Expecting people to be anything but silly, with silly things coming out of their mouths, is a recipe for frustration.

Even future sisters-in-law are silly, and say silly things without thinking. Mindless nastiness is pretty ordinary... as you have demonstrated in your desire to stab her back, which can't possibly add anything positive to your life or your relationship with her.

Try being bigger than the commentary that comes out of people's mouths. Let words wash over you like a puff of warm air.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:26 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• you should always be careful what you put on your facebook, cause then it's out there for everyone to see and judge you freely. next time you want to vent about your stressful day you should do it here on CM where nobody knows you or to a friend you can trust. people who aren't mothers or "perfect" mothers don't understand how stressful raising a child can be. they think we're not allowed to complain and if we do we're horrible parents. just be careful from now on, and tell her to keep her opinion to herself. her rude comments are not helping the situation.

on the flipside, prepare yourself mentally for the new baby to come. one is going to seem like a piece of cake after you have two to take care of. i have three now and i remember thinking one was hard.. yea right lol! good luck with this situation.. hope it works out!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• IGNORE HER!
    Only you know what your children mean to you. Only you know how much stress you are under. Only you know what your "Running away" comments mean. I say the same thing on FB. That I'm running away, sending them to boarding school, military school, or Grandma's house. That I'm dreaming of a stiff drink, half naked hot guys, and a sunny ocean side chair.. Haha I love my children with everything I am, plus, so I don't really want them out of my life. I am a SAHM mom though, so I'm with them nearly 24/7. It's natural for any parent to want a break regardless if you're home all day or not. You don't need to justify yourself to her, you don't need to defend yourself. She can believe whatever she wants. Just ignore her.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:39 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I really think that if you are not happy raising her, then you cant possibly handle two of them! I have 4 kids and one on the way, and am only 25, my DH is army, and manage to keep my home clean as it can be, my yard nice, my kds happy, and still volunteer, run the PTA, and make and sell crafts, maybe you just aernt meant to do this!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I think you are in the wrong. Don't post your business if you don't want others to comment or make assumptions. Just be polite and tell her you are sorry you worried her, but you are fine. Next time, think before you post.
    Milaya2

Answer by Milaya2 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2010