Need a good Pediatric Opthamologist

My son who is two years and four months was diagnosed with crossed eye six months ago. I wanted to know if anyone can recommend a good Pediatric Opthamologist. I had found one Pediatric Opthamologist who told me my son would need surgery. I do not believe that is the solution to my son’s problem. From several researches I have done as far as I can see it is best to treat my son’s problem with good Therapy doctor instead of surgery. Can anyone recommend any Pediatric Opthamologist that practices Therapy and not surgery? Preferably, in the Dunwoody, GA area. But I am also willing to go anywhere in the GA areas.

sofia7

Asked by sofia7 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Kids' Health

• No help in Georgia. We have a VERY good one in the Baltimore area. Dr. Dean Fiergang.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 11:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Check with your insurance..unless you plan to pay out of pocket for one. My daughter wears glasses but, we got someone through the insurance and they are WONDERFUL.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 11:25 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Did you know there are very very few pediatric opthamologists in the country? We have a great one here in OH, no help to you though, sorry. I would get a second op, but if they say he needs surgery, do it. Don't diagnose your chid via the internet.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• my 2 year old has the same sounding crossed eye issue... she has glasses, and if they don't help she will need surgery to fix the crossing of her eyes. from what i have read it's very common. she does not have a lazy eye (which is different) but crossed eyes ... i would suggest talking to whomever saw your kiddo and asking them to refer you to someone... they should know whos in the area, or i agree, call the insurance.
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I have no idea but GL! You are so smart to look for a second opinion.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• try calling your pediatrician and see who he recommends. My daughter has to go on Tuesday to one that my pediatrician recommended.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:18 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• not in your area, so here's a bump
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 20, 2010