Eating sunny side up dangerous ?

So i just ate a sunny side up egg but it was cooked on top as well but not enough that the inside was should i be concerned but sister tells me thats not safe is she right???

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Don't let your sister freak you out, it's fine!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i think its safe, never heard it wasn't. i know foods you should stay away from are deli meats and deli cheeses, cause if they're under processed you could get sick, and limit your mercury intake. but ive never heard runny eggs are dangerous.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• LOL...I've been eating my eggs sunny side up my entire life. I also eat my hamburgers rare and last time I check, I didn't have worms or anything like that.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:24 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• There is a slight concern with anything that isn't cooked all the way through, but the liklihood of you contracting the bacteria (the cause for the conern) is slim. I wouldn't make a habit of it, but you are perfectly fine now.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:35 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• You should be fine... I ate eggs like that all through my first pregnancy... (the second the thought of them made me sick...) and both baby and I turned out fine...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 4:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• There's a danger of salmonella from undercooked egg and you are more vulnerable to that during pregnancy but the odd runny egg isn't going to hurt....just don't go crazy!
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2010