talking to a man from internet dating site..need thoughts

got on dating site, i was public, after a few days made private
my profile stated how i am not ready to jump into anything, would like to get to knwow someone first through emails before meeting, how i am a single mom and my child is first priority and takes most of my time

so i emailed a few men back and forth, stopped talking to all but one because other men wanted more photos and wanted to meet up after just a few emails

but one guy has been emailing me every day and me back for a month or so now, he has never typed anything sexually and then said only joking, or asked to meet up-yeah. he did say i was cute and said is that ok to say, i sadi back yes ok and thank you-nothing else in a personal way
we mostly talk about our day, a few things about our lives, taking slow-i like it!
where do i go from here, what type of things should be warning signs (i must be a bad judge of character after last two relationships-so i need help judging) what type of questions can i ask, what not to ask, any suggestions

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 11:30 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• How he spends his spare time? What activities do he and his son do together? How long were his parents married?
    BE CAREFUL
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:23 PM on Sep. 15, 2011

• If they are from india and want you to pay their way back to the US... don't answer!!! :0). Are you ready to meet him or have more intimate conversations? If you are then initiate it.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:34 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I would maybe start next with phone conversations and then meeting for a coffee date somewhere.

Online sites can work. I met my husband on the free dating site plentyoffish.com and we started with e-mails then phone for about a 6 weeks before meeting for coffee, which led to a dinner date.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I tried an internet dating site too. It didn't work for me, but it sounds like you may have met a nice guy.
    If you decide to meet, meet at a public place (Border's, Starbucks, etc.) Maybe talk on the phone first though.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:36 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it and it seems like your doing fine. You could check predator websites too see, that is if you want to be a spy, jail websites, my friend does it all. To be safe she also has kids.

Too me it is like meeting a person at the mall the only diffrence is it is not face to face. If they lie, leave it alone. Ask about his family, friends, what he does for fun, what kind of movies he likes, does he have hobbies, kids, has he ever been married, where did he live. OMG, I could go on and on, there are actuall books regarding questions you would not think to ask a possible mate. Lots of them, one is if it gets to the meeting part. How to love me. Right now is the time to ask your heart away, the love part is definitly in the future, take it very, very slow... That is the way I see it... Good luck!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• LOL, bjojola. Did that happen to you?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:37 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• No I saw it on some talk show when I was home sick from work one day.... I think Dr. Phil! These poor women got taken for THOUSANDS of dollars. People suck I tell you.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:38 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• ****if they ask for money sorry ladies, but keep it movin... I never thought of that...
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• no he is not from india
    i do not hear from any other men, because i made private after someone asked for photos of my feet-lol
    he lives in same area as i am in
    son goes to the local high school
    not ready to meet him in person
    part reason maybe, that if things do not click then i do not have my once a day email from him, which i look forward to
    i am sahm now, so do not get much adult conversation, and of course not dating at all

what type of questions can i ask him (and me answer same-only fair) that would give me good insight to him as a possible partner
    and with answer to these questions what are some red flags
    i have no seen any flags yet, but i think i may not have the red flag abilitity, made poor choices in men before
    help?
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• we have not exchanged last names
    he was married
    he has a son 14
    son in chess tournaments in high school
    have talked about my daughter, how much time it takes in my life

just today he asked a few questions-first like this, typical ones, what kind of music do you like etc

will write back , just do not know what questions to ask him
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Nov. 24, 2010