Congrats to the democratic party -

I will be the first to admit, I voted McCain and wanted him as president but unfortunetly that didn't happen, granted I wasn't happy about it when I first heard but I am now focusing all of my negative energy into positive in hope that I was wrong about Obama and I pray that he does good for our country. How are the Obama Mama's celebrating the winning victory tonight? Again congrats to the winning party!

Married2theBest

Asked by Married2theBest at 12:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i think they are still glued to the tv...
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I have to say Kudos to you on being adult about this! much better than I've seen tonight.

I'm not doing anything tonight but I will have to tease my republican mother tomorrow LOL :) and my uncle. :)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 12:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Married, I pray to do the same as you plan to do. I have to admit, however, I'm glad the people I am closest to all voted the same way I did. I felt very passionate about this election. It was something I prayed a lot about, and I just don't think I could take a lot of teasing about it just yet. It's still a little raw! But it will pass, and I will, like it or not, support our new president!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Thanks so much for being such a respectable woman! I commend you kind words. You are a bigger woman then so many others on here with thier hate are.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Ah, maturity on cafemom...extremely refreshing to see!! :) Thanks for putting some positive out there!
    mum2gr8byz

Answer by mum2gr8byz at 12:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I also want everyone to just remember that a leader is only as strong as his people. We must never forget that this is our country and we do have a say in the way business is carried out within it.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• clappingI applaude you for your grace.  I also applaude McCain for his grace in losing the race.  I hope now that it is over we can all come together as a nation and do what is neccessary for our country.

LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Thank you. I was actually going to post something to this nature if McCain won. I know it's not what you wanted, but please have faith that something good will come out of this. Isn't that all we have anyways is faith?
    amyofthejungle

Answer by amyofthejungle at 12:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Thank you for being a mature adult about this. I feel the same way in the sense that I DID vote for BO, but as I listened to JM's speech, I couldn't help but to be taken back because I could see and hear the disappointment as he spoke and for the manner in which he carried and handled himself during it, he should be commended.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• As a Democrat and fellow mom, I say thank you! I am so happy to see someone that is kind enough to say that. Geez..I can't wait to see the uneducated comments that moms oops!!!!!!! OMG RALPH NADAR JUST CALLED OBAMA "UNCLE TOM"??????? THANKS! I GOTTA GO
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:47 AM on Nov. 5, 2008