sending ecards instead of greeting cards

Anyone sending E-cards instead of greeting cards? I have over 100 relatives and want to save some trees! Thoughts on this. Most of my relatives live overseas. I noticed greeting cards are not recyclable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I have 10 brothers and sisters ( I am the 11th child), they all have kids and some of their kids have kids. I do not send greeting cards to everyone. I care more about the environment than spending money. They know I love them and care of each and everyone. I make phonecalls and spend the money that way than on greeting card. They love the phonecall more than the card. IF you cannot spend money on the card or do not want to for what ever reason, calling them would a great alternative! Besides all my family knows about my concerns on the enviorment and they rather see me spend my money other things.
    Anonymous

• I send ecards to not so close friends or not so close family, but you have over 100 relatives...I think they should understand if you send them ecards.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• We send e-cards all the time. MY favorite are the Hoops and YoYo ones over at Hallmark.com. I had no idea greeting cards couldn't be recycled...wonder why?
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 12:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I don't like e-cards that much. As an occasional "just thinking of you", there fun but I much prefer getting a real card on my birthday and Christmas.

And greeting cards can be recycled. Why wouldn't they?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I don't like ecards and I delete them before they are over. If it is for Christmas, I would send cards or letters but, then again, I don't have 100 relatives.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 12:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Mamapotter, I love Hoops & YoYo too. I have their singing travel coffee mug. Ha ha ha ha ha.

I send e-cards all the time, especially for birthdays, babies, and anniversaries, usually because I forget to send greeting cards on time. For Christmas though, I send greeting cards.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Ecards re a cheap and lazy way to stay in touch. If your friends and family mean nothing to you then that's the way to go.

Anonymous

• Greeting cards cannot be recycled. They are made by recycle paper but they cannot be sent back to the recycled bin. Besides, I am trying to use less paper and that is more important than spending all that money on cards that will be looked at for about a minute of two and then tossed. I think e-cards are great! I know that whenever I get a card, I save them. However, a lot of my relatives throw them out. Who actually saves cards after the holidays? Other than me? After holidays, most go back to their regular schedules. E-cards a great way to save trees!

kimchimom

Answer by kimchimom at 3:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Check this website out and think before you buy
    http://www.grinningplanet.com/2005/02-08/paper-greeting-cards-waste-recycle-article.htm
    kimchimom

Answer by kimchimom at 5:52 PM on Nov. 7, 2008