when did you give your baby their first haircut?

Mine is 10 months old but he has a ton of hair! His hair is even growing past his ears, and keeping it in place is very difficult. The only problem is that he has the cutest little baby curls and this hair looks adorable, even messy. I want to wait a while, but some people are telling me that he would be ok for one now. Any thoughts?

tarakenyon06

Asked by tarakenyon06 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 6 months....His hair was almost past his shoulders...He was born with so much hair lol. even now I have to cut his hair every month or it just gets to long way to fast.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:45 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I think if you like the look you would be ok to leave it long for right now since it is the winter time and it won't bug him as much as it would in the summer once the heat starts. I would leave it like that until the warm weather starts again because that's when long hair is more uncomfortable due to sweat and being all over the place.
    simpleesr23

Answer by simpleesr23 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• my daughters 5 and up.

My son 10 months, he was being called a girl how beautiful she is, I had to end that. He is a pretty boy... so cute.... :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:46 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My Son was 10 months when my Husband and I shaved off those beautiful blonde curls..*sigh* I cried more than my Son did, and He does NOT like having His hair cut. His hair is just like mine was when I was a kid..naturally curly and unruly. Hence why We don't like letting it grow too long, it becomes unmanagable after a certain length. Which it's close to right now. Ahh, crap. haha.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• my dd 5 months to get her bangs out of her face, and then i tried growing them out until she was about 4...she got a trim on the ends of her hair and she wanted bangs again...her hair is down to her butt

my ds- i trimmed around his ears at 7 months and he had his first real hair cut at 11 months then he's had 2 more since then and needs another (he's 15months) i like a "high and tight" on boys so i keep his short
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Mine show isn't growing his hair like crazy. Infact his hair is pretty thin, He got a haircut by me, I know it's special to get them cut at a salon, but I chose to cut his hair without the expense.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My son will be 8 months on the 30th on november but he will not get a haircut until he is one year old
    1Mellodee

Answer by 1Mellodee at 2:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It's all about personal preference, I won't cut my 10 month old dd's hair any time soon, but I really like long hair.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• my son, I cut at 1 , his fro was uneven and crazy looking
    My daughter is 3 and I don't plan on cutting it anytime soon.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• lol shelli
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 24, 2010