Anyone else NOT so enthusiastic about Thanksgiving tomorrow?

And I'm no where near finishedI'm just so tired here lately, this pregnancy is wearing me out. We aren't really having a HUGE Thanksgiving because all of our family is out of state so will just be me, the hubby, and our two kiddos under the age of 4 who could honestly care less what we are eating. My hubby on the other hand has a million requests on food and I feel like I'm cooking for 10! I just wanted it to be simple with a small turkey, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and one dessert. But I want to make it a good day with all the good my husband is used to having. I know I'll pull it off but I'm dreading all the work and I feel like a scrooge lol. I'm also trying my best to get a crap load of school work done so I can make it through the holidays without having that to worry about and working my tail off on this costume my daughter needs to wear for a parade she is in on friday! Anyone else feeling a little over whelmed this season??

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• Honestly, I'd rather grab a pizza and go to the beach!!! But my 16 yr. old daughter wants the traditional meal so that's what I'm doing. But, I'm less than excited about it. (don't have a car anymore or I WOULD go to the beach!)
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 12:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I love preparing the huge holiday meal, but I'm going to be alone this year so I won't be cooking for anyone. I would SO cook for you if I lived near you!!!
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 12:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Ask him to help you- Say it something like "I really love it when you help me cook, seeing a man in the kitchen always turns me on".

Anyway, I'm recovering from strep, and got a nasty migraine yesterday... not feeling up to par today, thinking that I will be making the minimum. Its not about how much you have it is about how much it is appreciated. Let him know how tired you are, and how much you want it to be good for him- if he saw what you just wrote, I think his tune would change.

Now, go get a cup of hot tea, and do NOTHING for 20 minutes while you enjoy it- let the kids watch something, and be calm for a few. It'll help to get a mental recharge.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. I am excited about cooking with my family. This year I have a friend coming over so it should be interesting.
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm not cooking anything special. To me Thanksgiving is just about eating and watching football. Nothing to get all stressed out about. And who says you have to have turkey? There are no "set" rules about what one should eat on Thanksgiving day, so we'll be eating a roast I'm putting in the crockpot.
    shabbypink123

Answer by shabbypink123 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I love the holiday itself, but I don't like being required to spend it with my MIL every year. She's hateful and rude and just not a nice person. The thought of spending the day with her sucks the fun out of the holiday. In your case, why not ask hubby to help you cook since he has a these requests. I like having my hubby in the kitchen with me with it's just us, it makes it more fun. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm not feeling overwhelmed as you but Thanksgiving is not a holiday I particularly care to celebrate. We didn't celebrate it growing up (family is from Europe), the food we ate that day was good food (not turkey, stuffing, and the traditional Thanksgiving stuff - ick), and in my adult life, I looked forward to the four-day weekend only because November was the craziest time of year at work and it was wonderful having some time off. To me, Thanksgiving simply meant the start of the Xmas season, and we gave thanks in other ways and at other times.

We do get together as a family for Thanksgiving, but honestly, it's no different than our regular get-togethers we do every month.
    Anonymous

• We were supposed to go to my Sisters, then she called and cancelled.. So it's just Hubby, and our boys. I'm not doing anything fancy, Hubby's from England so he doesn't really care for the turkey, etc.. We'll probably eat, and play some games, watch tv, just like any other day.. :(
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2010