anyone else have a child that doesn't cry when they get their shots?

or for little girls, when they got their ears pierced?

my youngest is 10 months. she doesn't budge, wince or cry or anything when she gets a shot. yesterday i got her right ear re-pierced cause they did it too low when she was an infant and again, she acted like it didn't phase her.

don't get me wrong im glad that stuff doesn't hurt her. but my other two scream bloody murder when they got their shots. i thought that was a pretty normal reaction!

she must just have a really high pain tolerance? anyone else with a child like this? i wonder what her childhood will bring, if she's this tough now she'll probably be the kid falling out of trees daily and climbing right back up them, not knowing her leg is broken or something! oh Lord...

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Health

• My older daughter wailed with their shots and had knots in her muscles for a couple of days until we stopped doing it at the health department. None of the doctors here keep the vaccinations (they send you to the health department) so we found a doctor in the next state over and took the girls there. The woman who works at the health department should never be around kids as far as I'm concerned. The girls still did whimper, but they did not scream like she did with the health dept. nurse.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• have you tried pinching her arm and soo how she reacts??
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I took all 3 of my kids for flu shots last week, and only one of them had any tears at all. In general, my girls rarely cry over shots, and if they do it's only for a few seconds. My son tends to take it worse. When my oldest was two a bee stung her and she just said, "Ow , that hurt" and went on as if nothing happened; other things have brought her to tears and she isn't too much of a dare devil.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• my son did for a long time...then he had to start getting allergy shots every week, sometimes twice a week (3 shots) he doesnt even move. Its funny though that he is so good at the allergy doctor but when he goes for school shots i will see him tear up because he is nervous. I think its just because at the allergy doctor the nurses are just so nice and kid friendly. At the pediatrician they always seem to be in such a rush and don't really take the time to talk to my son. He is 6
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Mine didn't cry until she was a year old. Now she does.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My 7 year old daughter is pretty tough. She didn't cry when she got her shots and very rarely cries over any physical pain. She will start crying every time she gets her feelings the least bit stepped on though.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm glad that you asked this because my daughter is almost 8 months old and she hasn't cried with any of her shots...
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 12:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My toddler doesn't always cry with shots. He got his flu shot yesterday and was fine.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Does she respond to other things that might be painful. There is a condition where kids do not feel I would check that out to be on the safe side.

No my son cries on silent alarm then wail like a fire engine with his shots.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 12:36 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My DD was this way, she would maybe squirm or act irritated when it came to shots but that is all. She never really freaked like the other ones did. She to this day has a pretty high threshold for pain. Just make sure she DOES feel SOME pain, or you could have a serious problem on your hands.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2010