Well maybe one good thing will come out of this, if nothing else.

I don't want to hear another word about "racist America" or "The White Man". I'm just going to refuse to hear it now.

Am I alone on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• ah, it won't stop. It's a nice thought to think it would though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• nope, you're not alone. there still are the racists out there, I just hope none of them get too stupid and try to do anything to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• It won't end. Now if we say anything bad about the president, it will be that we are racist... They'll probably pass a hate crime bill against speaking against the president and pretty soon we won't be able to speak freely anymore...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I should hope you are along in this. Unless Barack Obama won the popular vote by 100%, than there is the possibility that some voters were affected by race. We can't know what the motivations for people's votes are.

This election simply means that the majority of Americans realize that there are more important issues to a candidate than race. To think this means an end to racism in America is naive, at best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• we are always going to be known as the racist to other people when some of us aren't
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 12:48 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I am an Obama supporter and I 100% agree with you. We have come this far as a nation so I think it is time for people to move on from the slavery days. Those who look only to the past are sure to miss the future....
    MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S at 12:51 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• This may be the very thing that will finally, once and for all, end the racial divide. Black people will not be able to say that America is racist now that the very first black man who ran for president has won by a landslide!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• O it will go on and on. i thought McCain speech was very gracious. I reason I did not care for him is not b/c he is 1/2 black it is b/c it appears he is very liberal. since he does not have record t g by, hopefully he ill be a moderate guy and surprise me.

I am so glad this is OVER!

Anonymous

• I see your point of view but I also feel that I don't want to hear anymore "the White man" and "racist AMerica", the same as I do not want to hear anymore lines like "Well, Blacks can have a all black college, but if we did- we would be called racist". See, its a constant circle that goes round and round, if AA aren't talking about racism white people are bringing it up, throwing it in the air, and drawing attention back to it. I do appreciate your post, thanks.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:55 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• No you are not alone. I don't mean that in a negative sense but the idea that prevailed that this country was so racist is and hasn't been true. I think that myth has been now proven false. Specific individuals will still be racist on both sides and have been, but overall our country isn't. I hope this is going to be a step in the direction that at some point we don't have to hear about the white vote, the black vote, the womens vote or any thing like that. That someday people of all races will not even consider the race of the candidate. That goes for blacks and whites.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2008