HOW DO I STOP A 9 YEARS BIG MOUTH?????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• GOOD QUESTION! My younger daughter is 11 and still hasn't grown out of it. Let me know when you find something that works other than duck tape or super glue (since those things are frowned upon and all) LOL
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• duct tape? food?
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Ignore it. When my 9 year old won't stop blah-blah-ing I just block it out.
    shabbypink123

Answer by shabbypink123 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• ask her if there is a reason for to talk so much
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 1:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• spray vinegar in her mouth?
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 1:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Walk away, or tell her you don't want hear it and the discussion is over until she's ready to talk to you like an adult. I realize at 9 they are not adults but they do have the ability to have civilized conversations. I say this to my kids any time they smart off, or try to talk back. Walking away helps reinforce you're serious.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Ignore it. Walk away.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2010

• depends on what you mean by big mouth ,,,,i use that term when they tell something their not suppose to....and if that is the case then , just dont talk about things you dont want repeted in front of them.....if your using the term to mean she is always talking i say listen with half an ear and enjoy the time she is talking to you because in about 3yrs she is going to shut up and never tell you anything as a teenager....good luck
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• depends on what you mean by big mouth if you mean talking back and being disrespectful then privileges would be taken away i and if you mean just talking all the time then I would aks her what point she is trying to get across.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:49 AM on May. 16, 2011