for those of you who planned to get pregnant

do you use any of the charting any of thatr stuff? i didn't when dh and i were ttc our dd or our ds and i had no problem getting pregnant....do you think people worry way too much about these things? i really don't want to come off as rude but i think alot of the stuff some people do to conceive is silly...(unless they have had a hard time before ttc)

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i never charted, we decided that we wanted a baby so we would just stop using BC and then when it happened it would be more of a surprise. i was pregnant by the end of the month lol
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• No we didnt use anything...but we got pregnant the 1st month of trying...with both kids! I just looked online to find out when a woman ovulates...I think it on the 15th and 16th day after your period. (you count the first day of your period as day 1). Good luck..have fun "practicing". :)
    LoveMyKids0203

Answer by LoveMyKids0203 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Take all these things and the possibility of miscarriage into account, and only one out of eight fertilized eggs actually makes it to term. It's a miracle anyone has kids at all. So people chart and use OPKs and follow all the signs and prepare their bodies in the best ways that they know how so that they can catch that chance. Maybe that will give you a little more respect for people who have a little more trouble getting pregnant.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I don't think it's silly, but I think it would make me even more nurotic if I was keeping track that closely. It seems like it makes the process a lot longer. But my first son was conceived after 4 months of trying and my 2nd one was conceive in 3 days.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Sometime after you have tried unsuccessfully for a long time, you try anything. Some of us are just not fertile myrtles right off the start. That's why Infertility Doctors make so much money, they cannot keep up the influx of new patients. Mine drove a Porsche.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes, many people have a hard time, and no, stuff isn't silly at all. Consider this. Your BEST fertile window is really only 4-5 days. I f you have irregular cycles or even normal ones, you can't assume that you ovulate exactly midway in your cycle. Sperm only lasts up to 5 days and that depends on the hostility of the environment. If the cervical mucous isn't watery or "eggwhite", then it will only last a day or two. The egg, once released, only lasts for a day. So if sperm happen to be there in the right time frame, they then have to actually GET to the egg. Once the egg is fertilized, it has to implant - which doesn't always happen, sometimes the fertilized egg just fails to embed in the wall of the uterus. Then it has to stick. Sometimes it may stick for a few days, long enough to make a positive pregnancy test, but then menstruation begins anyway because the hold was too tenuous.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 12:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• lovemykids- i'm not ttc lol just got thinking about some of these questions i saw
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• that's what i mean fluffy...it's too much to think about, we just started having sex every other day after my period when i was ttc with our dd and it took just a month
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I don't think its silly and I am nurotic, but then again Ive been trying for quite awhile with no luck.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 12:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yea, I agree with FluffyMamaBunny. I am happy for you OP but don't spit in the wind.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2010