Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ouch :(

ever rough housed with your dh/so and ended up getting hurt? last night we were playing and he accidentally elbowed me in my left temple. it hurt like hell and i got a pretty bad headache after. now today, it hurts when i chew food or open my mouth wide to take a bite, anything that stretches it will make it hurt. my balance is slightly off and my left eye keeps going cloudy (though it does that at times from allergy problems so that might not be related). anyway im wondering if this will go away on its own or do i need to be checked out now? i know the temples serve some kind of big purpose.


Asked by tnm786 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Health

Level 43 (159,608 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I would totally call a Dr. and just ask. Any head injury can be serious or just need to be watched and I know the temple regions are far more "delicate". And yes, my DH often gets rough and I end up hurt- Men, I tell ya! :)

    Answer by Sharell8710 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

  • Check it may have a slight concussion. Yes...someone can get a concussion from the slightest hit...especially to the temple.

    Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

  • Two weeks ago at martial arts class, I sparred against my husband and wasn't wearing shin guards. I went to round kick, and he blocked. Bone on bone, my shin immediately developed a huge bruise that was sticking out about half an inch. Damn, it hurt.
    When my son was 18 months old, we were playing and he flopped down on my face and broke my nose!

    Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

  • ice it and see how it feels. wouldn't hurt to call the DR.

    Answer by asil at 7:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2010