I dont know what to do

Man I want to buy my kid a least one more Christmas gift. I am having many money issues and should put the $10-$20's on a bill or put towads my rent. I was able to buy my son 2 gifts already so it is not like he does not have nothing but man I would love to be able to get him one more.I have signed up for some charity gifts but I am trying not to depend on that. I don't know. I want to keep my bills paid and roof over my head but I want to give my son one more thing. He is only 19 months so he has no clue what is going on..which is good but I feel kinda bad. I don't want to feel bad. For a good period of time my mother was never able to buy me ANY Christmas gift. Always had to depend on the kindness of strangers so I think this is why this is bothering me. I want to do ore for my son. Same time I can not be without a home and bills paid. Any advice?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 12:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• You have another month until Christmas. Pay the bills now, and see if any money is available between now and then.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Sweetie for of all...stop beating yourself up. Secondly, you are giving him the best Christmas present anybody could ever have, love, attention, care and being of conscious mind not to squander so he has all his needs met. Sound like you got him enough and like you said, he won't know the difference besides he'll end up toss the toy aside and playing with the box anyway.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I have a good option for u.....go to the dollar store they have lots of great stuff for a dollar for him. u can get a lot of stuff for five bucks...so u can pay a bill and make his xmas happy. how old is ur son?
    MummyLuv

Answer by MummyLuv at 12:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• He is 19 months. I think with watching the tv and seeing all these deals and people talking about gifts and what not kinda gets me to feel that way. Yeah I do give him a lot of love and attention so he is not without that gift. :) I kinda forgot about going to the dollar store. I have got him some pretty cool things from the dollar store (A yo gabba gabba kite!). I'm going to look on the upside. I was able to snag him another yo gabba gabba gift (I was shocked I saw one. I thought they were only sold online) and some other toy I know he will love. :) Thanks for the reassurance.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• kids don't care what they get at that age. my youngest had the best time with a huge box my parents had from something and they made a club house for him and his brother. The box just got thrown out this year when their basement got flooded. Pay your rent and bills a roof over his head is more important.
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Since he is still young, do worry yourself so much. Make him a coupon booklet. Staple a few pages together or make it out of a notepad. Draw and color some pictures on it, like a book for one story, a slide or swing for a trip to the playground, a heart for a hug or cuddle time, etc. Use the money for bills. This way you can do both.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 1:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• WHAT I WOULD DO IS TAKE THAT EXTRA MONEY AND HAVE YOUR KIDS PICK A CHILD OFF OF THE CHRISTMAS TREES TO DONATE. MY KIDS LOVED SHOPPING FOR THAT CHILD AND DELIVERING IT TO THE DONATION.
    carrielynn78

Answer by carrielynn78 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• He is too young to know the difference. Pay your bills that is the most important thing. Good luck youre a great mom I can tell.
    3gr8tKids

Answer by 3gr8tKids at 1:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Pay your bills, your son is young. Hopefully next year things will be better. Enjoy the day with him. Maybe think of some new tradition to start this year that does not cost any money (go look at the lights, read the Christmas story, bake cookies).
    chris219

Answer by chris219 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 24, 2010