Have you ever heard of being intolerant to pork?

I am. Everytime I eat it I get sick not very long afterwards.

I try to avoid eating it typically yet we went to a restaurant to eat one night and I didn't even realize what I was eating was pork. Before I even finished the plate I was sick. :( Stupidly I assumed it was beef or something I could eat. But I should have asked first (it was a Ryan's - Fire Mountain buffet so it's never easy to chase those people down and ask them what's on the bar if they don't have a sign above the food).

Have you ever heard of this?

[My body is soooooo stupid. I'm also Lactose Intolerant, lol. My diet = LAME.]

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 12:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My mom is allergic to pork, she doesn't eat it at all anymore, her lips swell, she itches and gets a terrible headache. So she won't eat it at all, I know b/c sometimes she just wants a piece of regular bacon.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i wonder what it is about the pork that makes you allergic. I wonder if organic pork would do the same.

"BTW- we were never intended to drink cow milk, only after THOUSANDS of year are we beginning to become more tolerant of it"

This isn't true...read the Hindu's vedanta...their whole civilization depends on cows milk & has depended on it for thousands of years. Hindu's have been vegetarian for thousands of years, they could not have survived properly without cows milk.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I know a young lady allergic to beef...she may be allergic to pork also...I know her diet is basically chicken as far as meat goes...yeah I am sure you can have an intolerence to just about any food.
    Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 12:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• it wasnt the pork...it was ryans. That happend to me there too. I usually can stomach pork but i think one night i ate the exact same thing you probably ate at ryans (because they never change their menu) and i was instantly sick! It was like something you would put on rice...very salty..tasty, but i was mad sick! i will never eat at that place again!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• not uncommon. I'm in the same boat. Pig has the closest DNA to ours on the planet, looking at it, one can not tell an 8 week pig and human fetus apart.

BTW- we were never intended to drink cow milk, only after THOUSANDS of year are we beginning to become more tolerant of it. Being lactose intolerant is a lot more wide spread than people believe, because the symptoms are not always very harsh.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I would also like to add that my BIL is a district manager for that place...he told me a while back that the company was going through bankruptcy...i'm not sure what happend with all that. I'm sure they had to make some major cut backs though. For all we know they could be buying some overseas bad out-dated meat...yuck.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Pigs are one of the worst animals to eat. They are truly walking garbage cans. My family does not eat pork. My kids have never had it and my oldest is 14.
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 1:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm lactose intolerant as well, with major pain if I try to eat dairy. But pork gives me gas. I've always heard that pork is one those gas producing foods so maybe there is something to it.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 3:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Lol, so ObbyDobbie I guess we're safe to say I couldn't be a cannable then huh?! ^-^ lol

Shay... it's everytime I eat pork but yes... Ryan's is.... s-p-e-c-i-a-l. Lol.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Lol Shay... yeah I used to work there and no lie... we had MOLd behind our wallpaper! I was right out of high school then so I honestly didn't know I could report them to anyone or else I would have! We would glue or staple the wallpaper down to hide it. :/

You'd think I would have learned my lesson from working at one. But I guess not. lol

**********************************

samurai - I wonder the same thing because it's so friggin wierd! When I eat pok it's almost as if I've drank a whole gallon of milk or something (with the Lactose Intolerance).
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2010