i cant seem to get pregnet and my husband and i been trying he wants to take me to the doctor but i dont know the right questions to ask... any advice???

we been tryin for a year now and still nothing

mrs.alcocer

Asked by mrs.alcocer at 12:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Just tell the doctor that you can't get pregnant. He will ask you questions.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• how long have you been trying.. most doctors will tell you to keep trying naturally for a year then seek help... they will go from there.. you don't need to know what to ask, cuz they will be the ones asking questions... been there.... good luck!
    Mrs.KV

Answer by Mrs.KV at 12:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• ***Skip the regular OBGYN since I can tell you from experience that fertility is not their expertise. Go directly to a Reproductive Specialist or else you will be wasting precious time, upset & money. I finally went to a Reproductive Specialist after years of infertility & wasting my time with unknowledgeable OBGYN's. I was Pregnant with a Healthy child within months & he is now 4. Please listen to my advice so you don't make the past mistakes I made. Good luck!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Make an appointment with your OB/GYN. Tell him/her that you have been trying for a year with no success. He/she will ask you about the regularity of your period, how often you have sex, and other health general health questions. They will likely order some blood tests too. Unless you suspect you have a specific problem you may not have a lot of questions to ask, but your doctor will be able to give you lots of information after they have evaluated you. They may also recommend that your husband get checked out too. GL!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• well we been tryin for a year already....... i just dont want to be put in any type of medication...... do you have any clues that the doctor might ask me???
    mrs.alcocer

Comment by mrs.alcocer (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I agree with ILoveMyPaulie that a reproductive specialist is much better equipped to deal with fertility problems, but depending on your insurance situation you may need to visit with your OB/GYN first to get a referral.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• he should go to a doctor too. it might be not you
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• do reproductive specialist take any type of insurance???
    mrs.alcocer

Comment by mrs.alcocer (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My reproductive specialist accepted my insurance. Most insurance will cover at least testing to find out what might be wrong, but not all insurance plans will cover treatment.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I think it depends on your insurance
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2010