Best presents for 4-5yo girl and 3yo boy?

My DD is 4 but wil be 5 in early January. My DS just turned 3. DH and I have many things in mind to get them. But I also wanted to hear your ideas.

nova.mommy

Asked by nova.mommy at 12:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• The best things to get kids at these developing stages are crayons, paint, paper and legos. I know that it sounds old fashioned but those things develop their imaginations and they really enjoy it. Play-doh is also at the top of my list for small kids.
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 12:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My kids already have the things mamax4our recommended, and I agree that those are always great. I bought my 3 year old son the Imaginext Toy Story Tri-county landfill set and and some big metal Tonka trucks. Other things I think he would really love are a T-ball/baseball pitching set, a friretruck, or a soccer set. If your 3 year old doesn't have a tricycle or big-wheel type cycle those are great too. Play tents are great too. I don't have any ideas for a 4/5 year old girl.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• For the boy I would say a Thomas the train track I recently got one for my 3yr son and he love loves it.
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 1:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• For my 4 year old daughter, I bought her a Leapster Explorer, Tinkerbell dolls and arts and crafts (painting magnets, making a windchime). She loves to do art projects. Does your 3 year old love Trucks or John Deere? I bought my nephew a CAT bulldozer that he just loves. Good luck
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 2:47 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• For both of them, do the hae a play kitchen? Those plus play food,dishes, shopping cart, are great. or an easel, doubled sided, again they can both use.
    For the girl, is she into dress up? There are lots of cute dress up clothes. My little ponies, cabage patch kids, doll furniture are all good ideas.
    Another thing that is good for both is a set of wooden blocks-I got my dd a set when she was 2 and now she is almost 8 and her and her 5 year old brother have always played with them. Also legos, are great and will get years of use. FOr the boy, some little people sets, and you cant go wrong with some of the big tonka trucks!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2010