My husband is lying to me

He says he lies to me as he does not want to get me mad.......Lying to me is worse

Asked by louise1010 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• If he lies about little things...then it will just be that much easier for him to lie about big things...keep your eyes open.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 12:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Is your question whether his lying is worse or making you mad is worse?
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 12:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I really don't like the idea of lying because it becomes a habit.
    simpleesr23

Answer by simpleesr23 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I tell my hubby the exact same thing .I told him the last time that Yes I might be a little mad if he tells me the truth right off the bat but if he lies and I find out it is worse.For me I am usually more mad that he lied then what he actually lied about. so anymore I try to not get upset when he tells me the truth and its nothing big and its helped.
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 1:00 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Tell him his mother raised him & you're not taking over where she left off! A little white lie, like, "NO honey, that doesn't make your butt look big." , is one thing. But to lie about other stuff is just childish, immature & unacceptable in any adult relationship. Trust is the foundation of a good relationship. Without it, the relationship may fall apart. Good luck.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• We all lie, at one time or another, be it white lie or not, sometimes omitting the truth is merciful.

Answer by older at 1:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Just be careful!!
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 1:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• People, basically, move away from predictable pain and toward predictable pleasure.

Knowing that, you might like to make it clear --with your behaviour and attitude-- that the truth is going to gain him a more pleasant experience than any lie.

We actually lie all the time --it is actually socially preferable to lie than to tell the truth a great majority of the time. People don't want the truth, they don't want your unvarnished opinion, and it is inappropriate to share all of what you're thinking all the time --you are expected to intentionally edit between thought and speech.

For the more... cynical among us, that expectation is in direct contradiction with the stated value of Honesty and Truth. For the less socially-adept, and the less intuitive folks, it is inexplicable and impossible to predict.

In a different age, a wife might be quite flattered by the respect she felt from her husband who treated her with kindness.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I would say, just keep your eyes open!
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 3:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Hmm tell him that your don't appreciate it. And if you can not completly trust him then your going to treat him as such (a lyer)..
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010