Check and Balances.... will it work?

I'm sitting here thinking that maybe this country will get lucky and the government won't let the prez push them around. Bush was kinda pushy and congress went with. Maybe we will get lucky and the check and balance system will really stand up for themselves so this country doesn't go to crap. MAYBE we may be okay and if not...... FOUR MORE YEARS AND COUNTING!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Um, no.
    The Democrats control the House, the Senate, and the Presidency. They can pass whatever laws they want. Only if they pass something that is unconstitutional will the "checks and balances" come into play and then it will take years, even decades for the lawsuit to make it through the courts to the Supreme Court.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I just hope that the Government as a whole starts working together to build this nation back up with the best interest of the people in mind. I am tired of the power-tripping, love this country and hope to see it get back on its feet.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• LOL

I started counting down 4 more years this month- ahem-four more years until my SD is 18 and her moron mommy can't cause anymore harm in her life.

Now I have another reason to count down from 4!
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 1:02 AM on Nov. 5, 2008