What brand of diapers is the cheapest?

I have always bought my son's diaper's from an agency in my town that sells them to low income families for $10 a box. It was a huge box of Pamper's with like 236 diapers in the box.It would usually last me the whole month. The problem is the program got cut because of lack of funding so now I will have to buy my diaper's from Walmart. I am scared I won't be able to afford it. Also, do the cheap ones leak?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• I use the Walmart Parents Choice. I used to do only LUVS (like pampers but affordable). They changed the way Parents Choice was and they are super now. They no longer fall off my kid or leak. Thanks Walmart!
    I get a size 4 box with 84 diapers for 14.00
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 2:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• IDK what the cheapest are..I only use Pampers or Huggies.. But I have tried cheap ones and have heard that they leak.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• You have to just go to the store and look. When my boys were 18 months, I started buying LUVs when they had a good sale at Shopko. I would look through the store ads every week, and see what coupons that I had. I have tried a few generics, but LUVS were the best for us. They are comparable to the regular huggies or pampers baby dry.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• If you have a Winco their diapers are 5 dollars a pack and work great :) good luck
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I wanted to add, that when there was a good sale, I would buy several boxes. Different brands may be less expensive depending on the store you are going to and the week you purchase them.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• The cheapest ones are the store brand (Walmart, Target etc), but the best "cheap" ones are Luvs. I never had a leaking issue with them. They are just slightly more expensive or sometimes the same price as the store brand.
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 1:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I buy Luvs too, Ive tried them all and these are the cheapest ones that dont suck
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 1:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes, the cheap ones leak. You should look into joining BJs or Costco. For that same big box, I think it costs around $40. Which is a pretty good price. I was always afraid to try Luvs for fear of being stuck with leaky diapers. I have heard good things about them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I would say the cheapest in name brands would be Luvs. That's what i buy and they work great!

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 1:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2010