What does filibuster - proof mean?

I know the democrats are sad because the senate is not filibuster proof, but the republicans are happy.

What does it mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe a filibuster is when the other party uses stalling tactics to keep a bill or law from being passed. It has been used by both parties. Just want to be fair (I am a democrat).
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• sorry, I didn't finish

It would be filibuster proof if there were enough dems that they didn't need the republican votes I guess.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 1:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• what above said, if more Democrats were voted on a senate seat, it would've meant, that they had all control in the house. Any bill proposed, they could pass. Not enough to deny it. Making it filibuster proof.

Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2008