• In the Spotlight:

OB is BIRACIAL president why is it i see the word black ?

doesn't some of these people know he is BIRACIAL not black and there is a difference..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• wondering the same thing...he is just as much white as he is black
    jeepwranglrbabe

Answer by jeepwranglrbabe at 1:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• because people tend to go by what people look like whether its a positive or a negative comment it sucks but it is what it is my kids are 1/2 mexican and usually thats what they get classified by is the color of their skin
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• American has historically been a racist country. We still discriminate against the black man or woman--look at our prison system, the majority of inmates are black yet blacks account for approximately 13% of the total population. I digress. People want to see him as a black president, not as a biracial president, as if the black is evil.
    Gilagirl

Answer by Gilagirl at 1:10 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I call him black because evidently that's how he sees himself, and therefore how he wants the world to see him. On my Yahoo! homepage in big letters it says "America elects the first black president!". I really don't care what he is, he's really just a man. If he wants us to start calling him biracial he should say so.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 1:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• granted not everyone does that but I mean it does happen mine are actually 1/4 white 1/4 native american and 1/2 Mexican usually they are mexican to everyone
    koolest_mom_of4

Answer by koolest_mom_of4 at 1:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• well i have half indian and biracial in my family and white but we learn that color isn't anything we have the same insides like everyone else does
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Because people are stupid.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 1:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Does it matter? Why carry on about it?
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• BECAUSE NO MATTER WHATE HIS BACKGROUND IS, THE WORLD SEES BLACK SKIN. WHICH MAKES HIM BLACK
    janstenson

Answer by janstenson at 1:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• for the nasty remarks witch i didn't ask for, but its pretty funny when i ask a simple question and they say its carrying on wth ?? but i think its pretty funny when some people bash about spelling and how people type witch is no different. HE IS BIRACIAL NOT BLACK so correct that up your rear
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2008