Does anyone else deal with a husband who NEVER compliments you, looks wise or anything?

Does anyone else deal with a husband who NEVER compliments you, looks wise or anything? I miss old relationships where I was flattered and told I was cute, sexy, beautiful...those little remarks about my features, etc. I have talked with my husband numerous times about it. He just can't do this! It's almost like I NEED to hear the stuff sometimes....he just wont! What to do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband does it but its very rare these days just because when he used to do it often I would tell him to stop lying. I said it just enough to make him no longer make it a point.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 1:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• 25+ years TOO LONG with my ex. Just another reason on the list of millions as to why he is the EX. My SO on the other hand is always complimenting me.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I think it comes with comfort and they don't think they have to woo you anymore. My hubby does that as well. Encouragement and compliments are few and far between. I just give them to myself out loud in his presence to make sure he knows what an ass he is.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 2:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm lucky to get anything out of my husband. He hasnt said one nice thing to me in years
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• We argued about this last night! He doesnt give me compliments anymore but if he sees a beautiful woman out and about he TELLS ME how pretty she is!
    True I have the body of a mother now, I can't seem to shake the weight!
    I've realized lately that I'm terrified that of loosing all this weight either he stil won't treat me right or all of a sudden he treats me like his queen! It would make me sad that thats why he's nice bc im skinny!
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 2:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Many years ago. My husband learned that if he didn't compliment me, if he didn't make me feel wanted/loved/desired/appreciated, that some other man was more than willing to do so. And he didn't like that one little bit. LOL

We learned many years ago, that compliments need to keep coming through the years. We BOTH need to feel loved/wanted/desired/attractive/appreciated...etc.. My husband needs to feel those things from me, just as much as I need to feel those things from him. My husband needs to hear those things from me, just as much as I need to hear them from him. We both put in quite a bit of effort in order to make sure that each other hears/feels those things on a regular basis.. For us, not expressing those things led to hurt/ill feelings/resentments on both of our parts. We never want to travel that rode again. :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• What don't you do for him that he needs? Just tell him what you need from him and ask him what he needs from you. It's all about communication and compromise

Answer by admckenzie at 2:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm sorry..some guys just aren't affectionate or good at complimenting. =[

I hear how beautiful/gorgeous/sexy I am countless times throught the day. That's just how my Husband is, though..He believes in telling me how He feels, and as often as possible. Same with telling me He loves me..I hear it more times a day than anyone does, no doubt..and I FEEL His love.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My hubby doesn't compliment me. Instead a friend's hubby told me last week that I' m adding weight, right there in his presence!
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 3:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My SO rarely ever compliments me (unless I made a heck of a meatloaf or something) but I realized something funny. In my past relationships where my boyfriends would shower me with compliments, they all cheated on me! And my current SO has never cheated on me and treats me 10x better then my past relationships. So I'm not complaining! Some guys just don't feel comfortable doing stuff like that.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2010