Do you ever crave a guy to just chat with, other than your husband?

I've been with my husband, for 5 years. We have children and I love him dearly...BUT...lately I have been just missing having a guy pay attention to me...to chat with, joke with...etc. I know I have marriage problems. We are trying to get closer, and I would never cheat or anything. I don't know where this is coming from....considering just chatting with a guy here or there online, anyone went this route? What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't do it.. even just "talking" is emotional cheating..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• How is talking "emotional cheating". Is it "emotional cheating" to talk with a woman?

I have mostly male friends, so I don't really understand what you're asking... I'm just one of the guys, ya know?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm in the same boat.... I miss who my husband was but he isn't same anymore. Talking to him is like trying to pull teeth. I wish I had someone to talk to, I miss the male attention everyone once in a while but oh well.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I have a male friend I talk with and it is great, but at times I wish my hubby were like him. I am getting what I don't get from my own husband. I get attention, encouragement, kindness, someone that actually listens to me........I tried to get this from hubby but I am not, if I was I would not need this from someone else. It may be a little form of emotional cheating, but it does get lonely. Just be sure you know what you are getting into if you go this route. I know what I am getting into and I am prepared to deal with whatever happens as a result of it.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 2:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I have a brother, several uncles, a dad, two fathers-in-law, neighbours, friends, colleagues and the husbands of friends, colleagues, my sister...

So, no. My world is filled (or, half-filled) with men.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It could lead to cheating weather you say you would or would not cheat.
    My guy friends are my DH's guy friends and he is not worried. Never is and never was regardless.
    However, I did have a friend that he did not know and it did, in fact, almost lead to something else. I stopped it right there and then.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 2:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• No I never crave talking to a guy. I really think you may be just looking for a thrill. Yea, it may lead to something else because of your current frame of mind. I have many guy friends who are/will be just that. I never crave talking to one sex over another. Why don't you schedule some fun time for just you & your DH without the kids. If the spark was there once, you just have to find the ignition switch again! Don't put your family in jeopardy just for a quick thrill. First be honest with yourself & decide what your future holds.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I think if your already having problems, it's not a good idea to do.
    At first I was going to say that I like chatting with other guys, I don't crave it though. I do like having a guy other then my husband that I'm friends with.
    But, I agree with other girls thoughts it could lead to cheating, when your in that state of mind it could happen that you lean on the wrong guy and it turns into something more.
    GOod luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I talk to males at work all day and have a few that I am great friends with. There is an older gentleman that I go to lunch with and it is great to talk to him. He is funny and he thinks I am great. But I am very faithful and I have good conversations with my husband at times too but he is not as chatty as I would like. So I guess I might miss my male friends if they were gone but going on the internet would spell trouble to me!
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My personal exeprience...

Years ago. I felt the same way. I wanted someone to "talk" to. It felt like my husband and I never talked. When we did, we faught. We weren't interested in talking about the same things either. I met someone. We started talking. The talking was great, we talked about anything and everything. We talked about subjects I had not talked about in years since my husband did not like talking about those things. It was great. Then within a few months. The "feel" changed. It was becoming really apparent that the "talking" was leading to something more. The talks started changing. Becoming more in depth. More personal on many levels. It was clear that feelings on his part had developed and if I didn't stop, feelings on my part would.

What was happening was that I was "getting" from this person, what I was missing from my husband.
    Cont.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2010