Hair

I am going to get my hair done in a little bit. It is a little past my shoulders and thin and fine. It has a little bit of wave to it. It isn't straight but it isn't curly! Any tips on what I should do with it?! I have thought about a perm but really scared to do it!!! Thanks!

NDNichol

Asked by NDNichol at 2:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I always thought about a perm but, I have naturally wavy hair (thanks dad). I have shoulder length hair and I am considering getting mine as a pixie cut since I have 2 kids, work and all over the place. I want something simple for when I want to do it up and/or straighten it. I would get something that easy to keep up and flatters your face :)
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 2:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I would do a short cut...just above the shoulders and layers...its super easy this way...and usualy looks cute when you dont even do anything with it. My hair is the same way lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• work with what you have
    i am not into perms
    if your hair is one way, get style that works best with what your is
    less upkeep

but do dye if early greys
    jmo
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• A tip that I do is I look up celebrities and check out a few of their styles since they are forever changing themselves.
    CandyHorse

Answer by CandyHorse at 2:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I do dye/ highlight my hair do to graying!! Thanks dad! Graying at 29!!
    NDNichol

Comment by NDNichol (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'll just caution you against going too short if you're not accustomed to it. And BTW- I'm graying @ 26.... maybe 3 kids and a divorce had something to do with that. Hmm.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• If you ask your stylist, she can help you decide which styles would work. I have hair similar to what you describe, and I recently got an A-line bob.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2010