Will you be preparing any of your Thanksgiving food tonite?

I was thinking or making my stuffing tonite I don't actually stuff the bird, I bake it on it's own. Then I got to thinking if there is anything else that would be easy to prepare the night before. Like preping my candied yams minus the marshmallows, so I can just add the marsmallows & pop it in the oven tomorrow? Or preparing my bake mac & cheese? How about my turkey? Would it taste better if i seasoned it tonight, instead of waiting til I'm about to bake it?

Just wondering. It'd be nice not to spend ALL day in the kitchen, kwim?

BubbaLuva

Asked by BubbaLuva at 2:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yep, that's why I'm ups so late!
    raynestar

Answer by raynestar at 2:14 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• We'll season our turkey tonight- though I don't know if it makes much difference.. I'll make all the pies and desserts tonight and I might even do the potatoes.. our guests are all bringing something this year, so we don't have such a huge load to worry about tomorrow :) Happy Thanksgiving!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 2:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm going to put the turkey in the brine tonight. I will make the pies and the potatoes au gratin.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:00 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I will do the pies, eggs and candy all tonight.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 3:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• For awhile now my mother sister and I get together the wedensday before and make the pies, stuffing (we dont put it in the bird either) and candied yams.
    almightycookie

Answer by almightycookie at 9:00 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Doing the chocolate caramel pretzels tonight and cutting up the stuff for the relish trays. The turkey went into the brine around 4, and it'll stay there on ice overnight.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2010