Christmas Tree

This weekend we will be putting up the Christmas tree. However, this year I'm not as excited because I'm afraid my 16mo. daughter will destroy it. Any suggestions on how to keep away from the decorations? Should we put a baby gate around the tree?

lala9

Asked by lala9 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That' s a great question. Mine is 13 months, and he likes to pull on everything so I wasn't quite sure what to do either.
    Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes a baby gate does help, I had to do that with my kids and still do and they are 3 and 4 1/2 now.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My girls never when babys went for the tree. But I think if in doubt than a baby gate, or just decorate the top part, or even I thought would be cute is a train going around the tree. Might enjoy watching that and no even go for the tree.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I have a 13 month old..We made sure to buy all plastic ornaments this year...just in case so they wont break. I also made sure to put the ones she can reach on loose so if she pulls the ornament comes off, but the tree doesn't fall over. It has been up for a couple of days and she really hasn't messed with it too much YET. Good luck to you!
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I just get the prickliest tree I could find. After one or two attempts they won't try anymore :)
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2010