part 3 adult content

how did your parents go about telling you. myself i dont remember a before hand talk 

Sky_Mom

Asked by Sky_Mom at 3:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

• My parents didn't tell me shit. When I started to bleed I thought something was wrong with me like I was going to die. I was in so much pain it wasn't even funny. My mother told me AFTER the end of my very first period what it was.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My bio mother told me in the scariest way possible. I was terrified to get my period because of her. She loved to mentally/emotionally abuse me.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:41 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• We had an extensive library at our house, and the public library around the corner. I read more than my parents ever told me. In fact, I probably knew more than both of them combined by the time I was 15 or so.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• OMG!!! My mom was drunk when she thought it was time. I was about 10 probably. I was so confused that I still didn't understand, I thought blood came out of your breasts. Oh boy. Then I got it, my friends explained it....and I went to Nursing School and taught my MOM a whole bunch of stuff.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I had a book on growing up and your bodies changes, but my mom told me, but I can't honestly say I remember the conversation
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• We had recently discussed it in health class. My mom was actually at work when it happened so I had to call her so she could bring me some pads as all she had were tampons. I remember looking at the tampon and going I'm supposed to put that where, lol.
    DeeDee323

Answer by DeeDee323 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Oh well I guess I answered your question in part 2....lol I have always been able to talk to my mom about anything. The best memory wa when i told her I had sex for the first time...lol She was shocked!!!
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• She barely did. I had a 6th grade teacher who did a watered down version of sex-ed. Unfortunately, the teacher was male and the class was co-ed, so we learned a lot more about erections and sperm than we needed to know at that point.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I found out very early about monthly cycles (age 5 or 6) because I walked in on my mom, in the bathroom, during that time. I freaked because I thought she was hurt and started to call for my dad. So to shut me up my mom told me what was going on and that it would happen to me one day. Not a fun way to find out... it it got the job done... and when it happened to me I knew exactly what was going on. We had the sex talk when I was 13 because I had to be put on birth control to regulate my periods. She thought we should talk about it since I was going to be on BC. It wasn't a long talk but once again when it happened I knew what to expect. (it did not happen when I was 13) lol!
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• my mom tried to talk to me but she was very open about everything and I was very shy. so I talked more to my sister about it. she didn't make me feel uncomfortable
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 2:18 AM on Nov. 25, 2010