Is it to forward to ask if their doing a baby shower ?

Im about 7months pregnant now and i already made a list of everything we will need . But he tells me isn't your friend or sister going to do a shower for you and my friend told me about a month ago they were doing a surprise shower but after that she stopped mentioning it and the other day i was in walmart trying to stock up on baby stuff and my sister tells me don't buy that people will get that for you so im assuming she's planning something but he wants me to ask but i feel that's too forward i don;t want to put them on the spot but i would like to know ? ;/

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• lol dont ask just yet, u have to remember that most people that give out baby showers do it a month before u have the baby, just in case they arent going to give u one just save the money in the bank for back up. if ur hubby wanna know so bad ask him to ask them...he trying to make u do the dirty work...be patient.
    MummyLuv

Answer by MummyLuv at 3:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I totally agree with MummyLuv! Don't ask yet.... if they do, then great, but take her advice and put the money aside just in case they don't... You may not get what you need at a shower anyways even if they do throw one, so it would be great for you to stash aside that cash anyways....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 3:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• yea i know he is lol i know its a month before but i don;t want all the burden to end up on him or myself i been driving myself crazy to make sure i get everything i need , everything thats important from what's not nessecary and i flip out if i don;t get everything on my list lol im such a wreck i just feel like such a bad unprepared mom if i don;t have it all ;/
    firstimemommy21

Comment by firstimemommy21 (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• honestly I think that surprise showers are a little weird if that is the only shower you are getting, as a new mother you want to be prepared and you never know if baby is going to show up early-my cousin (who is an OBGYN) just had her baby 2 days ago 5 weeks early!! If you are wanting to know then I would just call up your sister and say: hey, it is starting to get really close and I don't know if anyone was planning on throwing me a shower or not you had mentioned something before and so if not that is ok but I just want to know so I can be buying myself things that I know I am going to NEED when this baby arrives. You don't need all the details but a simple yes or no should be fine and anyone who has ever had a baby will understand why a baby shower is different than a birthday party
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 3:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• If people really don't want you to buy anything yet, you can always put it on LAY-AWAY just in case! You'll only lose the initial $5 or $10 if you end up taking everything back.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 6:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2010