SAHM'S!!!!

When someone asks you if you work, and you say I stay home with my kids & they give you "that look" like their thinking thats not a job...does it make you mad/annoyed...whats your opinion

TiffanieAnn

Asked by TiffanieAnn at 3:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont care what anyone thinks about me staying home. It's no one business
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• No. Working moms don't have it any easier than we do, its just different. I've been on both sides of the fence, and have learned that ignorance is the only thing which causes the WM/SAHM debate.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Fuck em. I got too many things on my plate to be concerned.
    mamax4our

Answer by mamax4our at 3:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• yes it does, just because we don't get paid or anything doesn't mean that we don't work. We can't call in sick or anything either, so we work just as hard as they do.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes, but I just have to remind myself the reward that I get is greater than their judgement. My neighbor was running for an office in this past election, this summer I was in my garage working on a project and he came over and says to me "so I hear you are unemployed now, if you want to make some extra money I have a job for you, you can make calls asking for campaign donations for me........"
    UNEMPLOYED!!! I was so mad-needless to say I didn't vote for him!!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I tell them I haven't had a break since I became a SAHM and ask how it feels to get breaks throughout the day.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• No. I just posted a question about this. While it humors me, it really doesn't make me mad. I know I'm doing what is best for my child, and I don't really care what they think. If they think that's not a goo enough job for a woman, they're stupid.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It does not make me mad, but woe to those that smart off when I am having one of "those" days!
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 3:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I did get tired of it, now I tell them I do web design from home and people are impressed like it's a big deal. Honestly, I don't "work" nearly as much doing the web design as I do taking care of the house and teaching our kids, but unless you've done it you have no idea how much goes into being a SAHM.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• i dont care
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2010