So how is everybodies day before the big day going??

I have cooked everything except for the bird....He will go in the oven in the morning..House is clean (thanks to DH). Now all there is left for the night is for mommy to have that martini she been wanting all day...Of course will wait to the kiddies go to bed for that...

sam223

Asked by sam223 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• I have a tip for you for an amazing bird...put it in the oven tonight before you go to bed at 150 degrees. Jack it up to 200 degrees tomorrow morning and leave it like that till about an hour or two before it's read to serve and bring it up to brown. Also, don't forget to look in on it every hour or so and baste it with it's own juices. This will guarantee you will have the most amazing bird.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Haha I'm so bored it's not even funny we're not hosting nor does anyone trust my cooking enough to ask me to bring anything lol
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 3:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• pretty good day waiting on my washer and dryer to be delivered.
    bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• @ shouldhaveleft thanks for the tip, great idea...@ heidikans that is too funny, hope you have a good holiday..
    sam223

Comment by sam223 (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• pumpkin pieturkey dinnermines going good so far who knows what tonight will bring im getting up like 5 or 6 to start mt bird and all the other goodies hope you have a great thanksgiving

yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• @ yankeegirl87 sounds like a plan....Hope yours is great as well...:)
    sam223

Comment by sam223 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I am waiting to do a few odds and ends in the morning and the bird is going in in the morning too...everything else is pretty much done. DH and I are doing the house cleaning tonight after everyone in in bed asleep then there are no children in the way but we are excited because this is the Forst Thanksgiving in our new house!

I just hope there is noooooo drama this year!

fingers crossed

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 6:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• ooops this is our First Thanksgiving...LOL...forst = Brooklyn accent LOL

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 6:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• relaxing day for me. I'm taking my time and cooking so I don't have to do it tomorrow.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2010