Do you support racial profiling instead of the current invasions of privacy? yes, ANOTHER TSA question (suck it, control freaks)

profiling is flawed, too.

there are caucasian Muslims.

not all Muslims are terrorists

not all terrorists are muslims.

it's far too easy to evade the profiling through deceit

autodidact

Asked by autodidact at 4:02 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You mean as far as like airport security measures? Nah, because current measures screen everyone, so we're that much safer. Suck it up people.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I don't think so. It might be less of an inconvenience for me but it's still ineffective and probably not going to make me any safer on a plane.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• LOL at your question. That was funny.

As for profiling, why are we assuming that it has to do with race? There are other ways to profile.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:06 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• There is a difference between profiling and racial profiling. I'm very disappointed in you that you don't know the difference. Just because some bigoted rednecks on CM call for "racial profiling" and screening for "all Arabs" doesn't mean it has anything to do with the actual profiling they do in Israel, and by extension, the system we should adopt here. Looking in someone's eyes has nothing to do with what color they are.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• current measures screen everyone, so we're that much safer.

wow, are you ever misinformed. wrong and wrong.

autodidact

Comment by autodidact (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I think behavioral profiling is fine. The problem with racial profiling is that it makes certain assumptions about the enemy. If we are looking for Muslim extremists, it doesn't necessarily make sense to single out Arabs. Some Arabs are Christian; some Arabs look more Hispanic when they shave their beards; but many Muslims aren't even Arab. There have been a number of American-born terrorists (Muslim extremists) of European decent. Many Muslims are also African-born, or Eastern-Indian-born. These guys would go completely under the radar if we racially profiled.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• They pull me aside ...... Do I look like a terroist???/ But, it's for my own safety.....

emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I was commenting on those who call for racial profiling, NP, not on Israel's practices.
    autodidact

Comment by autodidact (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• What Israel does is not profiling by skin color.I would be for what Israel does first..and possibly dogs.

This 'bigoted redneck' would be for having all arabs extra checked out though before i'd be for the current bs..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• why would it be a problem if you have the correct documents

Papers Please!

Sorry - this comment always reminds me of the Nazis.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010