Need Turkey help...

I set out my bird Sunday afternoon and I know it won't be ready for tomorrow(it's 15lbs) is there a safe way to speed thaw it?

JazzyJes

Asked by JazzyJes at 4:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Holidays

• Put in a sink of cold water. I think it is to be 15 to 20 mins per pound. Let set in sink of cold water over night might help. If in doubt call the butter ball turkey line.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• You put it in the sink yesterday and it's still not thawed? Okay...if the bird is still wrapped...find a big ass pot...fill it with boiling hot water and start dunking...you'll have to repeat this process several times but it works.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Hot water creates a potential bacterial nightmare!!! OMG NO!!!

fill the sink with cold water, unwrap the bird, and run cool water through it. It will thaw in a couple of hours this way, then you clean it, and get it ready to roast.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• There should be a 1-800 number on the package you can call...they'll give you the best advice.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I too am thawing mine out in a cold water bath in the kitchen sink. The way my mother and sister worded it I thought they wanted me to put it in the tub lol.
    almightycookie

Answer by almightycookie at 8:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Ours is 19 pounds and I just took it out of the deep freeze around 2pm today...it is at this time setting in my kitchen sink in a warm bath.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 4:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010