Should I call my sister-inlaw and invite her for thanksgiving? My mother inlaw says I should.

Every year I have thanksgiving at my house with my inlaws. My sister inlwas always calls me up and tells me what she's bringing, but this year she hasn't. My mother inlaw told me I should call her and invite her, we have had thanksgiving at my house for over 10 years. Why should I have to call her and invite her when we've done this for all these years. I don't know why this year is any different.

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 4:09 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• People get their panties in a bunch over all kinds of things, I would call her and check in since you haven't heard from her yet.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:10 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Don't call to invite her...call her and say "hey...I want to make sure we have all our bases covered and was just wondering what you were bringing tomorrow..."
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• What difference does it make. Pick up the phone and make nice. It's Thanksgiving and she is family. For some reason she wants or needs an invite. It is your house invite her.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'd call her. There could be something going on that you don't know about.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yeah...if you don't know if she's coming you should invite her.

It's just a phone call...how long would it take?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Maybe she needs to feel invited, who knows. I can't stand my SIL but good luck with yours!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Deleted my previous answer because I misunderstood...yes, cll her. Why not? It's a phone call.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I would call not necessarily to invite, or even to ask what she's bringing - that makes it sound like you only care if she comes if she's bringing something. Just call and be like "Hey, is everything ok? I haven't heard from you and I was just wondering if you were coming to dinner tomorrow."
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:17 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Why not just call and make sure she knows what time to be there, or ask her what she's planning on bringing.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I just don't want to call her and give in. On Christmas my side of the family comes to my house. My family always calls me to see what they can bring, I never call everyone. I just feel that since I volunteer to have the holidays at my house people should try to make it easier on me and not expect me to do everything. I'm not going to call her because I don't care if they show up or not, they know that it's at my house and shoud have the curtosy to let me know what they are bringing.
    staceynoel

Comment by staceynoel (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Nov. 24, 2010