Keep waiting or walk out of restaurants, appointments when not being served?

Ok, so this is not my week. Yesterday, I went to the eye dr., sat for an hour while others were taken in to see the dr. I inquired and told just a few more minutes (which never happened). I walked out.

Today, I went to a restaurant, waited 45 minutes while others were being served that came after me - I hadn't ordered anything unusual, the day's special. I walked out.

Tell me it is not just me!

tasches

Asked by tasches at 4:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in

• Ask for a manager.
    As for the eyes, doctor's appts. are more tricky. I've easily waited an hour every time for my PCP. I expect it now. But walking out isn't a bad plan. Customer service is in the tank these days except for Nordstrom!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It's not just you. Totally inexcusable...........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• If you are there on time for an appointment and somebody else comes in late for theirs, they should still get to you first. If you were late though then you messed up their schedule and I can see why you'd have to wait a bit. But as long as you were there on time, and they were letting people in who came later than you, I understand why you left. I would have as well. I've never had to wait that long at an optometrist, and there are SO many who take my insurance that I would not have any problem just leaving.
    I can't believe you waited 45 minutes at a restaurant. I leave if they don't come to my table after 15 minutes. I would have hunted down the manager and BITCHED, then left. That's unacceptable.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:23 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm impatient. I'd walk out.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 6:07 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I would walk out. I have before as well.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• We've walked out.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:04 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• walk
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 12:11 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• We've walked out before as well.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I have walked out, but I am very patient. Lol.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• That's way too long to wait. I will usually wait for quite a while, especially when they are busy, but I'm less patient if I have my toddler with me or if my blood sugar is low. I have walked out of a restaurant before when we waited over 30 minutes and no one had even gotten us water much less taken our order. Everyone around us have been served. I think someone was trying to avoid picking up a new table, because it was the end of their shift, but all the people from the next shift weren't there yet. I'm guessing that's what it was anyway.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 24, 2010