Toddler walking on tip-toes?

My 15 month old son has recently started walking on his tippy toes. Not all the time but I notice it on and off throughout the day. He's never displayed any discomfort from walking and he doesn't have any problems that we know about. Is this normal? It seems like he's just playing with he does it but I want to make sure its not something I should be concerned about.

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Toddlers walking on tip toes is normal. If it continues past the age of two, and is not developing normally in other areas, talk to your pediatrician.  If he is doing it past the age of 2 and is developing normally in all other areas, it could have just become a habit. 

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• It's normal. My daughter went through that too, still does it now and then. They just like to experiment with what they can do, it's something new and cool for him. Nothing to worry about. :)
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• He's probably just liking how it feels because it's new. It doesn't mean he's autistic.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Nothing to worry about...........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:21 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My son did this too, and my mom warned that it was a sign of autism (she's an ESE/autistic teacher) but around 4 years old he quit doing it..I guess it was just a copycat thing!
    RachelleNH

Answer by RachelleNH at 4:22 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• My son started doing that around same age...then stopped for a while and has recently started doing it again. It more a realization kind of thing for him that he can walk a different way. He will be 2 in jan. i wouldn't worry about it
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2010