Anyone a Medical Transcriptionist?

Since I am losing my job thie 6th of January I thought that I might look into medical transcription. I have been to college and for the past 4 years have not worked in my field of study.

I am very interested in medical transcription since you can do it from home! I was wondering if anyone did this on-line? What website? Is it difficult to find work?

Thanks in advance for any advise!

mommy2karsyn

Asked by mommy2karsyn at 4:20 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Money & Work

• I used to do it from home, but I started my own business.  I had experience in all sorts of medical terminology, so I bought the equipment and just started talking to the Dr's in my area.  I wound up so busy, I had to cut back.  It's a lot of work, I'm not going to lie to you.  You have to find a Dr. whom you can understand.  Foreign doctors take a lot of work.  The only site I have had any experience with is MTDaily.com.  I know that their jobs are legit, but they are also hard to find your notch, so to speak.  I'm not sure about doing it from your home as your own business because of all the privacy laws now.  You'd have to look into all that. 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I knew someone who did this. She had to physically go to classes, but she did find a job not long after. However, that was before the downturn in the economy. I'm not sure how difficult it would be now.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• There are three companies who hire people to work from home who don't have prior experience as long as they pass the initial test. They are listed on my website, or if you pm me I'll look them up for you.
    homejobsformom

Answer by homejobsformom at 9:32 AM on Nov. 26, 2010