Passenger hauled off plane for too many bathroom breaks--what do you think?

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Passenger-Hauled-Off-Plane-For-Too-Many-Bathroom-Breaks-110209824.html?dr&code=2.4utpWegOCrd7EnQ79GK_VA__.3600.1290610800-1519277518%7CCwOh3qKlT8fRJTTe4aKaXPgFaZE 

I'm a bit concerned about this, because I have a bladder disorder called intersitial cystitis--basically, chronic bladder pain--and some sufferers DO have to go to the bathroom up to 60, 70, 80 times A DAY.  Would an IC sufferer be guilty of "suspicious activity" if they had to go to the bathroom too many times?

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 4:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• eye rollingI'm sure you know more about her medical condition that she does, Kerp.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• OMG...this is insane!!! Well...Big Brother is definately upon us.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Insanity! It's also insane that I agree with auto on something! LOL..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Heaven forbid you have a UTI, drink to much, have a tiny tank or be pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Wow. SO are they going to make you raise your hand and ask permission from now on?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Just tell them your issues when you board the plane.

How about .... the flight attendants don't need to know my medical history. That's none of their damn business and I'm sure they don't want to know anyway.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• there is more than one source of this kind of bladder problem. I didn't read the link, I'm just tired of hearing stories of passengers being hassled by uppity flight attendants.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• there are also reasons NOT to take what might (or might not) treat a medical condition. adverse reactions, side effects, interactions with other medications, reluctance to gobble down the newest thing to barrel through the greased skids that pass for drug safety screening these days . . .

should we be forced to take anything the pharms put out in the name of the convenience of others?
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 6:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Why should they be concerned that he's in the bathroom so often? Haven't they already scanned and/or searched him thoroughly to be sure he isn't carrying anything illegal?
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• it's just as crazy to me, TN, but it just goes to show that not every issue falls on one side or the other of the liberal/conservative divide. I'm not the only liberal objecting to this crap, and one of the most offensive, obnoxious conservatives on this site says it's "PC" to oppose this treatment and is perfecty willing to roll over for it.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2010