Do you think Marting Luther King is a racist holiday?

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 4:42 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wow,this atheist/Christian thing is really taking off!
    No,I don't think a day to honor a great man is a racist holiday

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• No, and I'm white.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 4:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• um no. But I find it odd that my kids are out of school for MLK day but not Presidents day...
    Anonymous

• No. But I do believe by thinking that way you are taking away from everything that Martin Luther King believed and worked so hard to overcome. It's a holiday to celebrate the end of racism, or that it should be.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Okay...seeing as Anonymous didn't have the guts to give her good although not politically correct answer...I'm going to repeat it...no I don't believe it's racist but I find it odd that my kids are out of school for MLK day but not Presidents day...
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:49 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes because it's all about black pride, black power/empowerment. Good lord if anyone tried to make a white pride day, they'd be accused of discrimination. Like BET and Ebony magazine. Sure there are lots of magazines that feature mostly white people, but there are no magazines or TV stations that are specifically WHITE ONLY, and if there were....again, the maker would likely be jailed. It's ridiculous. I'm not racist, but reverse discrimination is still discrimination. People shouldn't be given special treatment because of the color of their skin, regardless of what color that may be.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:50 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I think people make it a racist holiday. I am white and think that he is a man that should be respected for the equal rights and change that he implemented. People make things racist, he would probably roll over in his grave to see the way people are acting, blacks and whites!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 4:53 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• didnt know there was one
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Nothing to me is Racist about freedom~~~~
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• no matter how equal we claim to be, racist ideas and thoughts are alive and well. Martin Luther King Jr. lost his life for freedom and equality, what is wrong with celebrating that... really. Where would black people be today with out his fight? I would hate to see, but maybe some people would rather it be that way again.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2010