Seriously? What could this old guy really do?

LOL..no death threats are not funny but the fact that anyone would think this old guy had a chance in heck of getting at the president is funny.I would be willing to bet he was just talking trash and blowing off steam...not a serious threat.He sure owns alot of firearms.I know all threats are taken seriously though but anyway..

Old vet dude..said Obama isn't doing enough to help black folks..

link below

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 4:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I bet Eric Holder will lock him away until he dies but Extremist Muslim terrorists, uhmmm, well you know, they get turned loose because of technicalities. This fella was talking crap and he shouldn't say things like that but he may very well have some dementia, however the double standard will be used and we all know how that goes. He is an old white tea bagging, racist, he needs to be punished, just ask Janeane Garofalo, I am sure she would probably say, he is "STRAIGHT UP, RACIST"!

But you just wait until all the medicare cuts kick in and younger people see what happens to their parents and grandparents, it is not going to be a good situation...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• LOL...Up here in the Lehigh Valley area of PA, we have a known nutcase, Dan Tilli--we call him "Silly Tilli" who exercises his First Amendment rights in stating his "colorful" political opinions. Nearly 4 years ago at the age of 81, he made a rather stupid remark alluding to Saddam Hussein and then President Bush, which was published in the newspaper, which resulted in a knock at his door by two Secret Service agents! (I bet he almost had a cow when he opened his front door!)

http://www.wpbf.com/r/10807573/detail.html

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• He's old, not dead. Kinda odd to assume that because someone is old they're incapable. By today's standards, 77 isn't even that old. If he were like 97 and in a wheelchair, then it'd be laughable. As long as he can still move independently and has the strength to wield a gun, they're right to take the threat seriously.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• ... okay finished reading ....

The comments that he made sound similar to comments many people make when they are pissed off and making idle threats. Was he really capable of (or even serious about) following through with those threats? I don't know. I worked as a Medical Lab Tech in the Air Force drawing blood on many veterans who talk a lot of talk. I suspect that if he had no criminal history, then not likely. I have hard time believing that words and his ownership of firearms makes him guilty of a plot to assassinate the President. At best, he was a man exercising his rights protected under the first and second amendment.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 5:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• This guy sounds just like my neighbor. Also a Vietnam vet, and an arsenal of weapons in the home. He pulled his gun out at a bunch of teens who were loitering after my car got broke into. Some people are just nuts, age doesn't matter. He was probably just talking shit though.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 6:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I know a old man in his 90's that still hunts and can kick any one's ass.

So a old man can do it if he wants to, it would just be wrong.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 5:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• This reminds me of the kook who shot the TV when Palin's daughter was Dancing with the Stars. :( I hope he gets some help.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 7:15 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Not assuming he's incapable..but really he'd have to be able to withstand alot to actually get close enough to the president and do damage.
    tnmomofive

Comment by tnmomofive (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm sorry ... I had to stop at "Agent Booth" - I immediately thought of the show "Bones" and the FBI agent with the same name

... okay continuing to read ....
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2010